Photograph by Tas Kyprianou

Friday 11 June 2010

Vintage fairs this Weekend

Couple of dates for those in London, both for this Sunday.

Vintage fashion Fair, Cecil Sharp house, Regents Park Road.
Doors open at 11am, £3 entry.
Head downstairs to see Debbie and Mickey at 'The Dress Circle'. They have the best selection of rare 40's/50's clothing and accessories, and their prices are reasonable too. I think they are the best dealers in town.
This fair is smaller than Hammersmith, but I love the atmosphere and the dealers are all lovely. This one is definitely my first choice.

Hammersmith Vintage Fair, Hammersmith Town Hall, King street, Hammersmith
Doors open at 10am, £5 entry
One of the biggest fairs in town. I find this one a bit hardcore, sometimes it can feel a bit of a bun fight. I have had items snatched from my hands here and the memory of several elbows are embedded firmly in my ribs, argh! I know these things are rare and beautiful but PLEASE!!! It's not very attractive! Anyway, well worth a visit, and much more pleasant later in the day. It closes about 4.30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment