Photograph by Tas Kyprianou

Sunday 29 August 2010

Erwin Olaf








I have just been looking through A/W 2010 collections for a bit of inspiration and stumbled upon images from this season's collection by Orla Kiely. The photos looked strangely familiar, and I realised that her inspiration has come from Dutch photographer Erwin Olaf.

I have been a huge fan of Olaf's work for some time now, and I have to say he comes a close second (in my ranking of contemporary photographers) to my beloved Tim Walker! His work is quite varied, but has a strong sense of style continuity. The art direction, styling and capture of emotion is breathtaking, but for me, the bit I find most fascinating is his use of colour. He picks a palette and really works it. Genius!

The 2010 collection is gorgeous, as usual. Can't wait to see it all..

No comments:

Post a Comment