Photograph by Tas Kyprianou

Sunday 15 August 2010

A life in pictures


Here are my great grandparents on a trip to the seaside at Great Yarmouth. I think the picture was taken around 1920. They have made such an effort and look so smart! Imagine how fascinating it would be to turn back time and spend a few hours listening to their stories. Well, at least we have the pictures. I will always treasure them.

I have begun collecting vintage photographs which I buy at boot fairs and antique markets. It makes me so sad to think that these people and their stories really existed and now, here they are gathering dust in tins and boxes and being sold for pennies to strangers. I love my photograph collection and treasure the pictures just as much as the ones of my own family. Over time I will share my favourites with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment