Photograph by Tas Kyprianou

Wednesday 18 August 2010

More from Flying Fish



Hellooo! As promised I am slowly filtering pictures of the collection onto the blog. Here's our lovely Sara looking absolutely gorgeous in a cotton one piece from the 'British Seaside' collection. This swimsuit is one of the few in the cotton range that doesn't have shirring (elastic panelling) on the back so we have used a zip for a super snug fit (see back view). I love this fabric so much. It's such a shame that vintage style conversational prints are so hard to come by now. Over the years I have collected bits of original fabrics and stacks of images and books all about the prints. I find them really inspiring for many different projects. At the moment I am working on an embroidery for a pillow case. I have taken the design from an original 1950's Alfred Meakin Parisienne street scene that I found on a plate! I'll post the results when I find time to finish it, and much more to come about easy embroidery projects later. Any questions about the collection please contact me on mail@flyingfishoriginals.com

No comments:

Post a Comment